With over 45 years’ successful business in the design and manufacture of cutting machine for composite materials under its belt, Blackman and White is uniquely placed to offer world-wide service and expertise from its UK headquarters in Essex (around 45 miles from central London). Over this time, Blackman and White has built up unrivalled expertise as the business has evolved from its birth as a sub-contract cutting service, to the high-tech, global business it has become today, servicing some of the world’s most demanding modern industries.
- 1964: Blackman and White was founded by Les White, an engineer with a special interest in machine tools, and electrical engineer Jack Blackman. Blackman and White remains a family-owned and controlled company, now managed by Les’s brother John and Production Manager and his son Alex
- 1979: Blackman and White designed a two-axis cutting table for its own workshop. This proved such a success that the company launched it as it’s first ever cutter, the AW80 which went on to sell well world-wide and which launched Blackman and White as a machine tool manufacturer
- 1984: in response to requests from the local sail makers, Blackman and White designed and built its first Orion Plotter, a floor-mounted unit specifically designed for plotting the accurate shapes required for sail making quickly and accurately – and the current Orion range was born.
- 1995: the Blackman and White team designed laser cutting systems to complement its Orion, Genesis and MasterCut blade cutters
- 2002: Blackman and White supplied its largest ever MasterCut machine measuring 260m long
- 2008: the Genesis Conveyor was created to help customers maximise floor space and increase productivity